We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging

I'm planning a three day trip to either Charlevoix or Traverse City in mid-August. Tentative dates to arrive on Wednesday, August 13 and depart on Saturday, August 16. I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay. Our budget (2 people) is for a mid-range hotel/motel/B&B -- $100-$150 per night. We likely would go to Sleeping Bear Dunes, but other than that, our schedule is open. We like to poke around unique shops, see beautiful scenery, and stop for a cocktail. I'm getting the impression that Charlevoix may be a bit pricey, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what city to go to or place to stay.

Thanks!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

I'm sure you know that is high season, so it will be a bit difficult to fit your budget. There are a few spots here on TA, but you can see that for yourself. If your main goal is the Dunes, staying in Charlevoix will add another 40 minutes or so to get there. You might want to look at a map and see other possibilities, but I do think you would like TC.Plenty of shops, scenery, and drinks, much more than enough for your 2 days...plus day trips, wineries, microbreweries, etc etc. By the time you explore in and around Sleeping Bear, it will be time to head back...

Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

Here's the search result from TripAdvisor's Flip Key for your dates--

flipkey.com/traverse-city-vacation-rentals/…

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging

I see there is only one on the above link that fits your price range. There a few more right here in the T-A hotels section for those dates....

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging

And a minute in the Charlevoix section shows that is within your budget too....

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging

Try the B&Bs listed on this site: http://www.leelanau.com/lodging/

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging

Just started taking advantage of another site. Looks like a game-changer for our next trip. A quick look at the offerings in TC for your dates shows it might be for you too. Have fun!

www.airbnb.com

7. Re: Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15