We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging

Hi, one to three families looking for lodging for 3 to 5 nights for the July 25th weekend. Rental can be from Thursday through Monday. Sleeps 4 to 12. We'll be in town for a lacrosse tournament. Usually rent a home, but can't find anything that suits our needs. Willing to pay up to $300 per night, per family. Any offers, advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,900 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

the homestead resort gets high marks in the michigan forums.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

Thanks, but it's a bit far from TC. We are in town for a lacrosse tournament and it's too far for the back-and-forth from the fields.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging

Last Fall I stayed at the Pinestead Reef Resort. There were four of us and we enjoyed our stay.

http://www.pinestead.com/

We ate at the Apache Trout Grill for lunch. Nice view and good food.

http://www.apachetroutgrill.com/

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging

Cherry Tree Inn and Suites, Sugar Beach/Grand Beach, Tamarack Lodge are all nice hotels, also.

I 2nd Yooper's suggestion of Apache Trout Grill. I love their food and decor, views and service. I hate their very small parking lot-LOL.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging

There are more than a few nice spots in TC of course, but not that have vacancies. Looks like at the moment, the Howard Johnson's might be your best bet. Or check the "specialty lodging" section here...Good Luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
309 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging

There are some great places in TC, but by now, most are booked. You have to book way in advance.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging

That's probably not going to help the OP, at least for this trip. As already said, the Howard Johnson property still has vacancy (at least the last time I checked)...It gets respectable ratings here on T-A...and is in a good location. A quick check shows the Quality Inn also has (more) rooms available. Both are within budget, even after taxes. Also both are close to beaches, parks, downtown...and each other. So if you are forced to split into 2 groups, that would work.

Michigan
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging

Read your TA messages ...

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging

Sorry, no new messages. If you need any help on how to send a P-M (Personal Message), just ask....

Michigan
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging

Sorry, should have been more specific. That note was intended for the OP.