We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
new years eve

would like to go to traverse on new years eve and have a new years eve feel. we will be coming with 6 adults and 2 children was stayig maybe at the grand traverse but called and the told me that the pool would close at 10. come on its new years , my question is where or what hotel would have a pool open at least till midnight so we dont have to be in our rooms when the new year comes in. any place that would a fun for both the children and the adults? thanks

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: new years eve

What about an outdoor hot tub instead of a pool? You could rent a cabin that would easily sleep your party, plus have outdoor jacuzzis, game room, etc. A much better atmosphere than a hotel room, but you'd be more off on your own as well.

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new years eve

could be a possibility where are these cabins etc info please

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new years eve

could be a possibility where are these cabins etc info please

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: new years eve

My first pick, though about 45 minutes from Traverse, would be the Mountain Cabins at Boyne Mountain. There are three and four bedroom cabins, available as lodging only or package rates including meals and ski lift tickets. There's tons of fun winter stuff to do...obviously skiing, but there's also great tubing, an indoor water park, ice skating, snowmobiling, etc. The cabins are gorgeous, built by Town & Country Cedar Homes, with stone fireplaces, open kitchen, wood floors, etc. Most cabins have jacuzzis on the deck, but make sure when you reserve. There are also lots of cabin rentals available in the T.C. area North to Petoskey...check out www.visitupnorth.com

traverse city
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: new years eve

Hi, When my wife and the three kids want to get away and have fun we go to the Great Wolf Lodge in T.C. You can find their website and see that they're having New Years Eve parties for both adult and kids. Check them out and see what they have going! Just thought that I would suggest this because it seems that they are the only ones set up to give the adults some free time to catch up on other matters....get it?? Good luck! D.A.Teunis

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new years eve

lololololol gotcha i am paying for the 3 rooms and would cost me about 1100 for the night ive made reservatios at the holiday inn hoping we can still have some fun,

Ann Arbor
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: new years eve

I have stayed at a couple of different properties that Dave earlier suggested through Visit Up North Vacation Rentals have listed and love each and everyone of them and it worked out to be less expensive then a hotel. They were also very helpful in finding me the right type of place for each time I have been to Traverse City or Leelanau county. You should definatly give them a try! Their website is www.visitupnorth.com

Traverse City MI
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: new years eve

I'm not sure, but try The Park Place in downtown TC... they have a pool which may be open late.. and, aside from being in downtown, have a great bar location at the top, perfect for New Year's celebration.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new years eve

try Crystal Mountain, they are geared for families... will have events for the kids that day... have condos would be great for the group!

10. Re: new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City