We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

Naperville Illinois...
2 posts
Save Topic
Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

The Best Western Hotel in Traverse City was a really bad experience and should be avoided at all costs. Firstly, I dont know how they did it,but there were large bugs resembling roaches on the floor of my hotel room-and it was December. Secondly,the place is in dire need of an upgrade. The indoor pool has helped produce mildew in the hallways and on the floors and thusly smells like 1954 which is probably the last time it was fully cleaned. There is little water pressure for the shower and sink and there was no bathroom tissue.The staff is unpleasant, the management downright rude, and seemingly unwilling to assist a weary traveler . If thats not enough, they dont tell you that the hotel office closes for the evening and there is no staff on duty. My experince with roaches and a lack of ammenities was made even worse when my door key failed to open my hotel room-though the security doors were left open- and there was no one on staff,or any emergency number to call. Because of this lack of consideration for Best Western guests, I wound up spending much of the night in my car. If it werent for the fact that I had already checked in with my personal items in the room, I would have left immediately in search of a hotel and staff that cares about its customers. I would urge anyone to reconsider staying at this establishment-especially if you love your children.

Traverse City
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

Was this your first visit to TC? I was born and raised here...and from experience would never stay there. If you ever come back check out some of the local lodging. There are some great hotels that run awesome specials in the off-season.

2. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2007, 01:02
3. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2007, 19:12
4. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

Removed on: 12 March 2007, 19:14
Naperville Illinois...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

The Best Western Hotel Four Seasons in Traverse City should be responsible for the conditions of the property. I paid for a room at the price they requested. Whether I was locked out for one hour or five-its still a theft of services.

michigan
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

Wow, sorry to hear about your horrible experience.

Did you talk to management about it?

I would send an e-mail to their main head quarters

and inform them about your expereince.

We once had a few problems with a Best Western

in Livonia Mi, but after talking to management after we

got home, they gave us a free night on our next stay.

We have stayed at several Best Westerns and have only

had a problem the one time.

The Best Western in Cheboygan is outstanding!

Traverse City, MI
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

Naperphill has left out a lot of the details, including the fact that he called me at home on my cell at 2:45 am to report he couldn't get his keys to work and then called back 5 minutes later to never mind that he got his keys to work. I never heard anything further from him the rest of the night so assumed he had no further problems. He checked in at 6 pm the day before, had plenty of opportunity to let my staff or myself know of any problems and we would have done our best to rectify those issues or move him to another room and we heard nothing from him about all these issues. He also was told when he checked in, plus he initialed that he was told that our front office is closed from 2 am til 6 am and that an emergency number is posted in large 1" letters on the front door, which he must have seen or else he wouldn't have had my cell phone number to call. I live across the street and before I even got my coat on he called and said he got into his room. He also states he spent the night in his car, yet when he was an hour overdue to checkout my staff called his room, he answered and said he was on his way to check out. We care about each and every guest that stays with us, but will not allow anyone to harrass the women working on my front desk, calling them a fat c*nt when all they did was ask how his stay was and you resorted to unacceptable behaviour to the point where she had to call the police. If you had asked to speak with a manager instead of venting your rage on my front desk staff we could have avoided all of this to everyone's satisfaction.

traverse city...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

i have stayed at the best western four seasons for years and have never had a bad experience not once. and never have i ever seen anything that resembles a roach in the hotel. the hotel is very clean and the pool is very comfortable and cozy. sometimes no matter what you give to people they still are not happy?

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

We were looking for a place to stay for a wedding in TC.... and booked the Best Western for two nights... but the conditions were so bad... it smelled, the beds were awful, the sheets were the flat sheets on the bottom too.....

Needless to say, we didn't stay a second night of our wedding planning trip and DEFINITELY did NOT recommend that anyone who was coming to the wedding stay there.

I have stayed at some very lovely Best Westerns... but this one is the perfect example of what gives the chain a bad name.

tanninusa
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Caution-Best Western Four Seasons-TC

Calling anyone a Fat C*nt is unacceptable. If there is such a thing of lowering ones self this has to be it. Ok maybe the Hotel gets some bad reviews on TA and some other sites, no matter what they post of the condtions using that kind of language with anyone working behind the front desk is horrible.

Please extend my heart felt apologies to those Ladies. I'm in the people business and if ANYONE talked to my employee's in such a manner You'd have to call an ambulance instead of the Police.

I will ask BWFS though what justifies 400.00 room rate on Friday Aug 10 2007. I'm sure curious.

Thanks Tan