We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motel near mall of america

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
il
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
motel near mall of america

I am bringing a group a girl scouts to the mall in June 08. I would like to find a motel that we could walk to the mall. I have check on the Country Inn is there any others? Has anyone stayed at the Country Inn lately? I know alot of motels have shuttles to the mall but they can't handle 20-25 people at a time. Thank you for your help.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: motel near mall of america

The following are all on Killebrew Drive, directly across the street from MOA. Easily within walking distance. As you have already mentioned, there is a

Country Inn and Suites

http://www.countryinns.com/bloomingtonmn

There is also a

Homewood Suites

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

And a

Days Inn

daysinn.com/DaysInn/…

I haven't stayed at any of them, so I cannot comment in that regard. Check the reviews here on TA. I could be wrong, but I don't think you will find anything closer.

lawrenceville,ga
Level Contributor
4 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: motel near mall of america

We have stayed at several hotels in the area but the Homewood Suites are a bit roomier, with a lovely breakfast and very walkable, I would recommend it as spacious, clean and convenient. Also, please remember that if you do take the shuttle, it is a courtesy to tip the driver. I take my daughter and her friend and we tip $1 per person. Having taken several of the shuttles in the Mall of America area, I see that most people do not have a clue about this and I am kindly saying that they are probably not business travelers and thus do not observe this known rule. Being picked up and dropped off right at your door is CERTAINLY worth a BUCK a person. When I have luggage, I tip a BUCK a BAG too.

Last, remember that while you are enjoying a weekend with the girls...there are others who may want to relax or work in their rooms and they cannot do this when there is screaming and running up and down the hallways or in the elevators. Please supervise the children. Of course, if you rent the entire floor, you have more liberty...

Marshall, Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: motel near mall of america

There is also a Fairfield kiddie corner from the mall. That maybe your second or third option.

~JS

4. Re: motel near mall of america

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:16