We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitewater rafting

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
275 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Whitewater rafting

Hello - We have been to Duluth many times but have never done the Whitewater rafting. Has anyone done this? Is it worthwhile? Is it too intense for a middle aged couch potato, her spouse and teenage girls? We've visited the website but could find no testimonials........

Thanks for any help!

Julie

Duluth, MN
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitewater rafting

I'm afraid I haven't done the rafting myself (canoing the Brule is more my style), but I've known people in their 50's who've done it, and they've enjoyed it. You will get very wet, though, so plan it for a warm day.

Chris

Minnesota
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitewater rafting

I didn't even know there were whitewater rafting options in the area can you give me some websites or contact information for this

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
275 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitewater rafting

Here is the website for the rafting:

http://www.minnesotawhitewater.com/

I think we will look into it. It should still be hot enough in August to get soaking wet...... : ) It's just been too darn hot lately.

Thanks a lot!

Julie

Duluth, MN
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whitewater rafting

The rafting is on the St. Louis river just outside of Duluth. If I remember correctly, the office is just off the Highway 45 exit to Cloquet from I-35. However, I don't know whether that's the end or the beginning of the run.

Chris

belfield, nd
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Whitewater rafting

Hi...we are also wondering if Duluth has whitewater rafting...and is it good to go in August? Does anyone know?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whitewater rafting

If you're talking about THIS August, I wouldn't expect much for exciting white water action. It's been very dry in Minnesota (at least that part of the state) and the rivers were all way down when we were there last week. Some were little more than a trickle last week when we were there.

7. Re: Whitewater rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 19:20