We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise along Lake Superior

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise along Lake Superior

I'll be in the Duluth area overnight and for about a day. I'd love to see the sunrise (if the weather cooperates) with my bf and wondered where we should go? Is there a specific spot? I love lighthouses, so let me know if there is a great spot to shoot some pics and hang out with a great guy all while watching the world wake up!! Thanks! :)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,223 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise along Lake Superior

I would think that along park point would be a great place to watch the sun rise. Here is a picture of the sunrise over north pier---

www.pbase.com/kyleunderwood/image/74302456

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise along Lake Superior

palisade head!

http://tinyurl.com/55zgy9

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise along Lake Superior

Enger tower on skyline drive. You should be able to see the sun come up over the lake and every part of the harbor go from dark to light. Watch the street lights go off, see if any freighters are arriving or leaving the harbor.

4. Re: Sunrise along Lake Superior

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 13:20