We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off Site Airport Parking

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Off Site Airport Parking

Over the next couple of years, I'm going to be flying in and out of the Duluth Airport. Since my travel is going take me there for 4 to 6 weeks at a time, I thought I would bring a car out and leave it there to cut down on the cost of a car rental. The down side to this is when I fly home the car would sitting at the airport for again 4 to 6 weeks, before I came back again.

So what I'm looking for is either free parking [I know this is unlikely], or somewhere with a better parking rate then the airport is offering. Any ideas.

Proctor, Minnesota
Level Contributor
255 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off Site Airport Parking

There are parking ramps downtown that are probably about $45/month, much cheaper than $45/week at the airport. One option, if you're staying at hotels when you're in town, would be to ask them if they'll allow you to keep the car there while you're gone. You'd probably be able to get shuttle service back and forth from the hotel, too. I read once in another forum to check with Walmart, as some have an option for long term parking. I believe it said it was free, you just need to sign up with the customer service counter.

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off Site Airport Parking

Thanks pc350. As I'm heading north as soon as I land, staying at a hotel really wouldn't work. I'll have to look into the down town parking, but the savings may be lost in trying to get there. I'd never heard of the Walmart parking thing, it worth looking into.

At you found somethings to consider.

3. Re: Off Site Airport Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 06:18