We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying near Ely with dogs?

Des Moines
1 post
Save Topic
staying near Ely with dogs?

I am beginning to plan summer travel and hope to take the dogs along this time. I've found a number of resorts and cabins that allow dogs ( a couple on my prelim short list are Timber Wolf Lodge and Northern Lights Lodge) but would appreciate any recommendations or insight from others who have stayed in or around Ely with dogs. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying near Ely with dogs?

I have stayed at the Ely Grand Lodge with my son's dog, and it was wonderful. They gave us a room that faces the lake and you walk right out of your room onto the lawn. Also a plus is that the Lodge is right across the road from a 4 mile trail that circles Miner's Lake, which with a Black and Tan who needs a lot of exercise was wonderful.

Kind of off topic but of interest to your dog...check out Ely Flower and Seed on Camp St, they have all kinds of treats and toys.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
858 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying near Ely with dogs?

Sasha, most places I know in Ely allow dogs, (I have 2, and we usually don't leave home w/o them.)

As a quick guide to find places that allow pets, use the Explore MN web site, they have a filter in their lodging section to show only places that take pets. Just type in Ely as your city of choice, select a mileage from town and any other options you wish.

exploreminnesota.com/places-to-stay/index.as…

I also have stayed at Grand Ely w/ our dogs, but in the winter, and it is a great location.

Also Silver Rapids Lodge, (their pet fee is a little less then Timber Wolf and Northern Lights.

Good luck.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying near Ely with dogs?

Ely is a very dog-friendly town so you won't have too much trouble finding perfect accommodations. I highly recommend two places; Grand Ely Lodge - if you're looking for a resort with amenities, and Fenske Lake Cabins if you're looking for a cozy place with a bit more seclusion. Both places offer boat rental; Ely Lodge is located on a beautiful large (busier) lake, where Fenske Lake is smaller and absolutely picturesque. Bass Lake hiking trail is a wonderful place to bring dogs - with well maintained paths and a waterfall for perfect pictures. One more note: the Ely Feed & Seed, located just off of main street, offers a variety of dog foods etc. Enjoy your stay!

Reply to: staying near Ely with dogs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ely
Recent Conversations