We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed for quick overnight

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed for quick overnight

Husband and I are coming next Saturday to see the guys from That Pedal Show (on YouTube) at Riff City Guitar in New Hope. We'll arrive in the early afternoon and go straight to the shop, then we have the evening and overnight. Looking for hotel and dinner/after dinner recommendations. I'd love to stay downtown, but I'm guessing it's the Vikings game (grrr ;)) that's hiking the rates. But I'll keep watching to see if I can snag something. Best place to stay outside downtown? Prefer Marriott properties for points. We can take an Uber into downtown if needed. For food we're really adventurous. Budget for dinner is probably around $100-125 total.

I fully admit that I haven't done much research and asked here first.

4 replies to this topic
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed for quick overnight

Just west on 394 from Minneapolis is The West End, in St. Louis Park. A collection of shops & restaurants, with hotels nearby. It would be quick trip into downtown.

There's a TownePlace Suites & Springhill Suites next door to each other.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,213 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed for quick overnight

I'm coming into town next weekend (U of M Homecoming) - I booked over a week ago at Hilton (ES downtown) for like $!60. I did scan Marriott offerings and saw the new AC at a decent rate for Marriott rewards members, but that's long gone. Just looked again and City Center Marriott was $200/night (30k points) and Ren Depot was 25K points. If it were me, and I was not renting a car - only using uber or lightrail - I'd figure a way to stay downtown and not mess with 'burbs. That's imo. Be sure to get on Marriott.com and sign in - then look for rates and points. As for restaurants, have you looked at the restaurant list? Tons of options at your budget.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
1,172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed for quick overnight

The Minneapolis Marriott West is located next to the Ridgedale Shopping Mall in Minnetonka and is not far from New Hope. There are a couple of good restaurants in the Ridgedale Mall including Redstone's. I recommend that you stay in downtown Minneapolis for the best experience but this Marriott location may be an OK cheaper option.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed for quick overnight

We'll be driving from Milwaukee, so we are thinking we can stay wherever and take Uber or light rail to wherever our nighttime destination(s) are, if we're not already downtown. I've only looked on the mobile app so I'll check the restaurant list on the desktop version tomorrow when I'm at a pc. Thanks for the info so far!

Reply to: Advice needed for quick overnight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted