We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

mom
La Junta, Colorado
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

I'll be taking a day trip on Saturday April 28 to see the St. John's Bible in Collegeville. That's an hour or more northwest on I-94 from the city. Anything of interest on the way to Collegeville? I see there are Minsinger Clemens Gardens in St. Cloud and outlet stores in Albertville. Anything else? Fun places to eat? My 24-year old daughter and I will have car and an entire day.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

I feel bad that no one has responded. I wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with the area. I've been there, but I don't know enough about Collegevill to help with surrounding attractions.

Why not try posting this in another forum, maybe Minnesota. People who might be able to help might not be looking at the Minneapolis board.

mom
La Junta, Colorado
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

Thanks, mntoathens. I do appreciate your attention and advice.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

The gardens are wonderful but sadly probably not in April.

In my humble opinion Bo Diddley's in St. Joseph's has the best sub sandwiches in the state. :)

The St. John's campus is beautiful, I would allocate some time to walk around. If you're looking at the church directly to your right will be the old church, there is an information desk inside that building if you want to get a campus map or other information. I think the library is right near the church too.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

I have done the drive before, and you've pretty much listed the most interesting places along the way. If you like to shop, the Albertville outlet is tremendous. I was just there this weekend and there were lots of good deals.

I agree with the previous poster that you probably won't regret taking time to spend on the St. John's campus. It is beautiful. The College of St. Benedict is nearby, and that is also a gorgeous place if you have time.

5. Re: day trip to see St. John's Bible in Collegeville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 19:19