We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

North Dakota
Level Contributor
445 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

Hello:

We will be attending a wedding reception at the Eagles Club in New Brighton.

The Eagles Club is located off of County Road E2. Do you know of any lodging near this area?

Thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

Two exits east of the 35W/694 interchange (so about 1 mile?), there is a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, and a Super 8. You would need to look to reviews posted on the website to get an idea of quality or lack thereof. From what I've seen driving by, however, there will be only 1-2 dining options (maybe not an issue for you if attending a wedding reception) right by the hotel, and little else for shopping or other activities. That said, it would be easy-on/easy-off for freeway access.

Alternately, south on 35W about 2 miles will be the Roseville hotels. In the Roseville area will be Holiday Inn Express, Radisson, Days Inn, Motel 6, Fairfield and Residence Inn, and a Super 8. Motel 6 and Super 8 are, of course, your budget options though I have actually heard slightly better of the Motel 6 (though it is a exterior corridor property, to the extent that is important to you). The other hotels should all be reasonably comfortable. The Roseville area will have more dining options nearby and Rosedale Mall (plus the nearby strip malls with more shopping options).

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

I, myself, would prefer the Roseville area based on hotel selection, road access, and food options. They are also heavy on Marriott's, which is a plus for me, too.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
445 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

Thank you!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

The Super 8 on Lexington is excellent...but the Super 8 in Roseville is a pit (Motel 6 is barely ok, and it makes the Super 8 look good!) The Super 8 on Lexington is listed as Arden Hills...right by the Blue Fox and Perkins restaurants...and the Big Target store.

Spotless clean rooms, WIFI, refrig, micro each room, good owners on site, safe parking lot, walk to fast food places like Arby's and Wendy's. The owners get lots of nice small groups, like the Church groups, Schwan's Olympics, Car Club was just there from the MN State Fair Grounds, and are already booked for next year...they all love the place...and return because of the good service. Look for the hotel.com coupons on line...$49.99 plus tax...and there is a make it yourself breakfast in the lobby each morning. Newspapers, free local phone calls, laundry on 3rd floor, computer in lobby for free use if you don't want to bring your laptop!

5. Re: Lodging near 35W & 694 Junction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Minneapolis