We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
408 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

My older son is getting married in Chaska over Labor Day weekend. I'm looking for a smaller hotel/inn to book. [Think B&B with more rooms (or even multiple B&Bs close together would work).] We'd need around 10 rooms and a place everyone could socialize. I'm not having much luck at this point in my search. Closest I can come up with is Le Bourget Aero Suites in Bloomington and the Residence Inn in Eden Prairie. Both are bigger than I'd like but the rooms seem good for a multiple day stay. Any ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Bloomington
Bloomington
Minnesota
Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

I've been down for work conferences at Oakridge Center in Chaska several times.

Perhaps your family could be in one wing together.

There are back patios, and even grills to gather around, and several indoor gathering spots.

http://www.dolce-minneapolis-hotel.com/

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

Oak Ridge came to mind for location. Never actually stayed but many, many moons ago applied for a job there. I remember it in a nice fairly secluded and intimate location (which I suppose could be good or bad, depending on exactly how much time you want to spend with your family).

In my Google Map search, I was also reminded of the Best Western River Inn in downtown Chaska. It's perhaps a little bigger room-wise than you ideally are looking for, but I remember it being on the river (hence the name) and yet also near downtown Chaska, so may be a nice feel. Hotel seems to get fairly positive reviews on TA and other places.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
408 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

Thanks.

Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

We had people from a family wedding stay at the Best Western in Chaska and it was very nice. We were able to get a group of rooms set aside for family members to call in and reserve. Check the reviews for the Best Western in Chaska and see if they sound like something you'd find acceptable.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
321 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

You might want to look at Hyatt Place in Eden Prairie. They have a nice gathering area and the rooms are geared towards longer term stays.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
6. Re: hotel suggestion-Chaska/Eden Prairie/Bloomington area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 05:16