We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rush hour traffic into Minneapolis

Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Rush hour traffic into Minneapolis

We will be moving our daughter into Minneapolis College of Art & Design in August, and when visiting, have always stayed downtown, as it was only a night or 2. This time will be there for 4 nights and am trying to save a little money. We found a Super 8 in Golden Valley, right off I-394, with good reviews and a very reasonable price. I am concerned about rush hour traffic on her Friday move-in day. What time does rush hour end, or do I really need to be worried about it? The other 2 days we'd be driving in would be the weekend, so I'm not concerned about that. Thanks.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rush hour traffic into Minneapolis

by 9 a.m. it should be ok, but honestly, the rush hour traffic is very manageable in the twin cities. other big cities have it much worse.

you'll be travelling a short distance on 394 from that hotel to downtown

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rush hour traffic into Minneapolis

I agree. Traffic won't be bad. It is even a little lighter than normal in August, when many families take their summer vacations.

The MCAD site has good directions for you (coming from the west on 394). Just be sure to stay to the right on 394--the Dunwoody/Hennepin exit has an exit only lane off 394.

3. Re: Rush hour traffic into Minneapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 06:18