We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

I am looking for a multi-course Prix Fixe or Chef's Table dinner for a Monday night birthday dinner (Aug 23). I would like to spend under $60 per person, I do not need a wine flight. I think I read something recently about a location, maybe downtown, that did something like this where you ate in the kitchen. It sounded good, but I can't remember the name of the place. Any reccomendations would be appreciated, even if they are not in the kitchen!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
1,022 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

Two that come to mind La Belle Vie and 20.21. Both excellent, but might be a bit over your budget. You can view their menus and make reservations on www.opentable.com

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
1,022 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

I also thought of Vincent and Fogo de Chao. Fogo de Chao is priced as one price, but it's a Brazillian Steakhouse all you can eat, but very upscale and should be within your budget.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

Maybe at Buca at Hennepin & Harmon Place ?

I know you can eat in the kitchen there, if reserved in advanced.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

I see that Barbette does 4 or 5 course dinners on Monday's for $32. How is there food?

And I should have specified I want non-chain restaurants. We are in Minneapolis for just a few more weeks and would like to eat somewhere we cannot eat at when we go home.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

I haven't been here myself, but perhaps you might want to check out the Midtown Global Market at Lake st/10 Av S. It's in a huge old Sears building, and they have very different restaurants and markets, midtownglobalmarket.com/…

Kansas City
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

We have been to the Midtown Global Market. It is certainly worth a visit, but not a place to find a prix fixe or chef's table dinner. And not the right place for a birthday dinner.

Edited: 17 August 2010, 20:46
Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

Well, I guess you'll have to pardon me for my inappropriate suggestion. I guess I was just trying to be helpful when you mentioned about being here a few more weeks, and trying something different, instead of answering your specific question.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

I can absolutely vouch for Barbette. Nice location, too, which gives you the nice option of combining dinner with a walk around Lake Calhoun nearby.

I have not done prix fixe there -- had only steak frites for their famous fries. But fabulous wine selection and a very popular location for french food. La Belle Vie should do a prix fixe as well. It's generally regarded as the best restaurant in Minneapolis but it comes with a hefty price tag. Food is fantastic , though.So is the service and ambience.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

Try out Heartland Restaurant in downtown St. Paul (just across the street from the farmers market). Fabulous fresh, local and organic foods. Pricey, but well worth it!

www.heartlandrestaurant.com

Edited: 09 February 2011, 02:33
minneapolis
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Prix Fixe or Chef's Table Dinner

Corner Table in South Minneapolis (43 & Nicollet) may be what you are looking for. Great Chef, local food, and an intimate setting in the kitchen. Grand Cafe on 38 & Grand may also be an option - no chef's table per se, but intimate space in the restaurant.

http://www.cornertablerestaurant.com/

http://www.grandcafempls.com/