We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

Spokane
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

We're looking for a good restaurant to grab dinner inbetween MSP (airport) and Shorview, MN.

Any suggestions? We're open for any kind of food...any "must-tries"?

Thanks!

Brandon K.

Spokane, WA

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

That's a big question as MSP is on the south/southeast side of the city and Shoreview is on the north side of the city. In other words, just about everything is in between, not only for Minneapolis but also St. Paul.

I guess generally speaking I would lean to one of the core cities. By the airport (which is also near Mall of America) and in the Shoreview area on the north side of the city, while there are many options and generally decent food, they will trend towards chains that you can get just about anywhere.

If you took I-494 east from MSP to I-35E north, you'll go into downtown St. Paul. In St. Paul, though not my area of expertise, nice areas for dining will include the Cathedral Hill area, which isn't far off the freeway from the Kellogg Boulevard exit. On Selby Avenue, there are a few restaurants I can suggest from my experience (now dated it may be), Happy Gnome (www.thehappygnome.com) and Moscow on the Hill (www.moscowonthehill.com). There are also others, but a starting point.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

A few random thougts, mostly to the east side of town:

Muddy Pig

Sweeney's

Both places are several blocks south of I94 on Dale St. In St. Paul and have great bar menus - love the Cubano at The Muddy Pig. Sweeney's has a great patio if it's a nice day.

The 5-8 Club - 58th & Cedar near the airport - one of the Minneapolis bars that lays claim to the Juicy (or Jucy at Matt's Bar) Lucy. Great burgers

There are some outstanding Vietnamese places along University Ave just west of downtown St. Paul - I'd probably recommend Mai Village if this interests you.

Shamrock's on West 7th & Randolph, not too far from the airport - Very good burgers

The Blue Fox Bar & Grill in Shoreview on Lexington just south of 694 is pretty good

It's kinda fast food, but I love love love Boca Chica's Taco House on Wabasha & Cesar Chavez (St. Paul's lower west side - across the river from downtown) - I love the fried tacos

The Gopher Bar in downtown St. Paul if you're adventurous and like an outstanding Coney. Word of warning, it's an R rated joint. :)

Patrick McGovern's or Cossetta's - both local St. Paul institutions - on West 7th near The X

Good luck!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

sully---Blue Fox is Arden Hills...Shoreview is the other side of the freeway!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

Whoops!

I get my northern 'bubs mixed up.... :-)

5. Re: Food in between MSP and Shoreview?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 07:20