We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't go there!

Minneapolis, MN
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Don't go there!

The following is the letter I sent to the restaurant after a horrible experience:

I visited your restaurant awhile back and ordered a meal that I felt needed some more sauce. When I requested it, the bartender told me that it wasn't possible. When I offered to pay for additional sauce, I was told that too was not possible.

When I spoke to a manager, he confirmed what the bartender had told me. When I pushed the issue, he explained to me that the owner was paranoid about her recipe being discovered. He further justified this by telling me that there was growing fear that someone would take the sauce to a test kitchen and uncover the secret ingredients. Apparently, according to the gentleman, this was a "cultural thing."

My guest and I were dumbfounded by the experience and won't be back, especially considering the food really wasn't that good and a better thai restaurant exists a few blocks down the street.

I hope for your sake, you will begin treating people with a little bit more dignity and respect. This whole experience was surreal. When I've told other people about it, they didn't believe me at first. However, a friend of mine recently visited the restaurant and had the same sort of experience.

Be careful - the restaurant business is highly volatile!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
130 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't go there!

See other post for response

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
449 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't go there!

No offense leidger, but your post comes off so oblique as to make yourself look nearly as whacked as the restaurant staff. To what restaurant on the planet are you referring?