We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

So I am looking at going to Mineapolis in the summer. It coincides with my vacation. So to get to the statefair without a car. Is that going to be a big ordeal? Should I just rent a car? Are there shuttles. I am looking on the net at the moment. I just wanted your perspective on what is the best way to go.

I also want to visit Mall of America. My days would be like going Aug 24 to 31.

Thanks for any insight.

Mentioned in this post
Mall of America
Mall of America
4,857 Reviews
Bloomington, MN
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

Driving to the fair is the worst way to get there - unless your inlaws live 5 blocks away as mine do. :-)

There are shuttles to/from the fair from all points in the Twin Cities so you should not have a problem getting there. Hopefully the informaiton in the link below will help.

mnstatefair.org/general_info/get_here/expres…

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

Consider staying downtown Minneapolis

Easy State Fair direct shuttles and you can Light Rail to the MegaMall

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

Yes, you can definitely get away with not renting a car if you plan to stay near the Mall of America or downtown Minneapolis. My question is what else you plan to do? I'd consider a split, maybe 3-4 days at one location and 3 days at another. Maybe you'd like to spend some time at Como Park, or at some of the great golf courses in the area, or lake areas? For some of those excursions, a car might be handy. But, again, that's me.

Mentioned in this post
Mall of America
Mall of America
4,857 Reviews
Bloomington, MN
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
Plymouth
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

there are lots of shuttles to the fair! It's the only way I'll go because it beats the parking problems and it's very cheap (sometimes they even give you a discount on admission). They have pick ups at most the major suburbal malls, and around the U of M.

Eventually the fair website will have more details on more of the public transport options.

5. Re: Heart/Def Leppard/Steely Dan Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 00:17