We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Target Center

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hot Springs, South...
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel close to Target Center

I will be attending the Glee concert on June 1st and would like to know which hotel would be the best to stay at on June 1st at the best rate?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,866 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Target Center

I looked at a calendar and June 1 is mid-week, so you will not find as good of a deal as weekends. On the left side of the page is a link to "MInneapolis Hotels" - click it; enter your dates. Where it says "Location", put in 1/2 or 1 mile from Target Center. Then sort by stars and price. I wouldn't use this feature to book, but it's useful for seeing what your options are.

Madison, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
263 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Target Center

Most Downtown hotels will be close enough. The closest would be Graves 601 then maybe the Radisson. NYOP bidding may be an option if you don't mind possibly taking a cab 6 or 7 blocks. Be sure to do 4* bidding to eliminate the Midtown Sheraton which would be a larger hike.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Target Center

Best hotel at the best rate - depends somewhat on what you call "the best hotel" - is location supreme decision factor? Price only? Amenities? Updated, trendy decor?

That said, as mentioned generally speaking most downtown hotels are within either walking distance or short cab ride (likely the minimum fare of $5). That said, also as mentioned Graves 601 is the absolute closest, but not the cheapest by any means. Le Meridien Chambers, Radisson, Marriott, are probably the next closest but will also not be particularly inexpensive. Lower price options still within walking distance will include Best Western Normandy, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites (though, this one in my opinion is low priced for a reason - but look to reviews for your own decision), possibly Millennium Hotel (reviews on this site are some good some bad for Millennium). Each of these relatively lower priced hotels will be approximately 8-12 blocks from Target Center.

4. Re: Hotel close to Target Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2012, 06:17