We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamline University

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Hamline University

I'm sorry for the slightly strange nature of the question, but is it possible to walk from the Snelling Avenue/Energy Park Drive junction where Bus no. 3 stops, to Hamelin University?

Thank you very much in advance! :-)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamline University

I would say yes. As far as distance, it's just a few blocks. I just took a look at the Google Maps feature to remind myself of the situation regarding streets/bridges/sidewalks. You do cross on a bridge up over Energy Park Drive on Snelling Avenue and actually walk down to Energy Park Drive. I was slightly concerned if it would be pedestrian friendly, but I would say while not perfect it is friendly enough.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamline University

I agree. Walkable.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamline University

Was just by there the other nite...and it is totally walkable...many people walking as well as bikes were doing just want you want to do!

Sure a big construction project going on at Hamline University along Snelling.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hamline University

The sidewalk is narrow and I would use extreme caution as that stretch of Snelling is more like a freeway/highway, the speed limit is 45 and cars are merging on/off Snelling. Be especially aware at the intersection at Pierce Butler (just south of Energy Park) as there is a lot of semi traffic due to the nearby rail transfer station.

Hamline is building a new Student Center at the corner of Englewood & Snelling.

5. Re: Hamline University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 06:19