We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange question about Twins Game

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Strange question about Twins Game

Looking to purchase tickets for a game in section 111. Can someone tell me which direction the sun sets at targe field?

If we are sitting somewhere behind home plate will it be setting behind or in front of us?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,617 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

I believe the 3rd base line is mostly "west" - so that's where the sun sets. As you sit behind home plate in 111 and look out to left field you're looking mostly north. The sun would set to your left.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

A better thing to consider would be view of skyline. It is a beautiful skyline and you can get a nice view of it depending on where you sit.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

Google sun/shade at target field. It will give you a time lapse of sun/shad for target field depending on time of day and also time of year. I would also agree that skyline views are the best. Sit from home plate all the way down the 3rd baseline and you will be able to see the skyline. I believe those are typically the best "sun" seats as well.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

The sun more or less sets behind the first base line / stands.

Section 111 is behind the plate more to the first base side (great seats!) so during an eveining game you will mostly be in the shade.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

Fantastic info - thank you everyone.

Really looking forward to our first twins game.

Just curious - the first tickets that came up on the internet (the twins site) were "wc". Are these not wheel chair seats? Just wondering why they would be offered to someone on the internet who had not requested wheel chair seats. I didn't take them because first, I think they should be reserved for the people that need them, and also I was thinking we would be getting "the look" from people wondering why we would be using these seats when clearly none of us is in a wheel chair. Or, maybe I'm wrong and "wc" does not mean wheel chair and I gave up really great seats. Either way I'm happy with what we purchased.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

WC does mean wheel chair. I wouldn't worry about taking them away from someone who needs them. They would not offer them if you were. I have a co-worker who prefers these seats as their is obviously more room, but best of all there is no one directly behind you, so you can sit or stand throughout the game. If you get the option to take them again, I would!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

Just to be clear, the third base line from home to the left field wall points pretty much straight north. The sun sets behind the third base line. Or, it sets over the home plate ump's left shoulder.

Edited: 13 June 2011, 04:34
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,617 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

Rikkasdad: Isn't that what I said in Post #1?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

I disagree on on how you have Target Field positioned.. The first base line runs on the north-south axis.

…mlb.com/min/ballpark/seat_view.jsp

If you're sitting along the 3rd baseline you are facing south. If you're sitting along the first base line you are facing east and the sun sets behind the stands along the first base stands.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,617 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strange question about Twins Game

sully_ mn - that's interesting, because I pulled this off of mapquestm mainly because I couldn't get a satellite view off google or yahoo maps (I didn't try google earth): http://mapq.st/iUN2Jl

Edited: 13 June 2011, 19:16