We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Hilton on Marquette

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
659 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Hilton on Marquette

We'll be in town for the Capella gradualtion. The school recommended the Hilton b/c it's across from the convention center where the ceremony will be.

What's the best way to get there from the airport? What's the cheapest? We won't have a lot of luggage & are open to public transportation once we arrive.

TIA.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to Hilton on Marquette

You will want to take the light rail (Hiawatha LRT, but there is only one line) from the airport to the Nicollet Mall Station.

When you exit onto the platform, find Nicollet Mall and head south (or take a left fromt he direction the train was traveling) and go 5 blocks. If you were to just look at the map, you might think to walk down Marquette instead. Better to walk down Nicollet Mall. More scenic, and it's a pedestrian friendly street with only buses, taxis and squad cars.

At 10th, take a left and go one block to Marquette. You will see the Hilton to the right. Nice hotel.

Light rail is by far the cheapest option. $2 per person. You buy tickets before you board, on the platform from the vending machine.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to Hilton on Marquette

light rail is your best bet

from the airport luggage area, go down one floor

all the way to the back

catch the people mover for a 10 second ride

then go down - nab your tix ($2.00 or so)

then down to catch the light rail into the city

you want the one that's "Downtown / Target Field" - vs MegaMall

25 min or so ride

get off at Govt Station and it's maybe a 5 block walk from 5th street to Hilton - on 10th I believe. Tall brick red building - can't miss it.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to Hilton on Marquette

DowntownMinneapolis and I gave what must sound like conflicting stops on the light rail. Both work. It's a matter of which street you want to walk down. I chose the Nicollet Mall station (one stop later) so you could walk down Nicollet Mall instead of 3rd. Better intro to Minneapolis, IMO. Plus, you could hop a southbound bus using your ticket (which is good on buses in the 2-hour span from when you bought it) to go the 5 blocks.

Both streets are one block off Marquette (the street the hotel is on) in opposite directions.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to Hilton on Marquette

Side note...I read the OP's question a little too quickly and thought you were both sending them to the wrong hotel. I read the words "Marquette" and "Hilton" and thought of the Marquette Hotel (which is a Hilton property). However, when I re-read, it does say the Hilton Hotel ON Marquette.

Anyway, the Light Rail Train would be the likely best option, especially if open to public transportation.

5. Re: transportation to Hilton on Marquette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 23:17