We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

My husband and I have four children under 10 and are planning a summer vacation to Minneapolis and the Mall of America. A single room, indoor pool, and free breakfasts are a must haves. A safe location and quiet (inside) is also important. Any recommendations?

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

I did a quick look at the reviews here for Bloomington hotels, and a very popular choice for families is the Staybridge Suites, particularly their two room suites, which also includes a full kitchen area, and they do serve breakfast. It's in West Bloomington, about 7 miles away from MOA, and they have shuttles to the mall, and people described it as quieter than the immediate MOA area.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

There are LOTS of hotels around the Mall of America. Check out their website at www.mallofamerica.com and click "plan your visit", then "hotels". Most hotels offer shuttles to the mall and are very kid-friendly. Have a fun trip!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

Staybridge Suites is nice and I second the suggestion. As Brit mentioned, they have the suites and all the rooms have kitchenettes should you not want to eat out every day. It is true a bit further from the MOA, but it is a freeway drive all the way (though, be mindful I-494 can be a bear for traffic during peak rush hours).

Homewood Suites in another hotel very similar to Staybridge Suites as far as the type of hotel and they are literally across the street from MOA. About the only difference between the two is which big hotel company owns the brand (Staybridge is IHG, Homewood is Hilton)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,022 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

The 3rd major chain is Marriott and between Residence Inn and Springhill Suites, there are 2 options closer to the Mall - and a 3rd option not too far away in Eagan (technically called an airport location).

Grantsburg...
Level Contributor
75 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

check out the Best Western across the street from MOA. We stayed in a suite there with 2 beds and a pullout sofa. Two rooms pretty much. Free breakfast and a great pool area. Very reasonably priced.

Grantsburg...
Level Contributor
75 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

When I say 2 rooms pretty much, I mean it's the size of 2 all in one. The living area is seperated by a wall but not enclosed. It was also very quiet but breakfast got busy later in the morning.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

It's bad place to stay make sure look for another hotel.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

It's bad place to stay make sure look for another hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

Alie3's post, "It's bad place to stay make sure look for another hotel." - setting aside the poor English...what an absolutely useless post. First off, what property is Alie talking about? Is it the Best Western, ranked #2 of 37 Bloomington properties by TA? Maybe Staybridge, #4? Even the lower previously mentioned post of Homewood is at least #14!

Alie also doesn't bother to tell us WHY she doesn't like whatever property she's talking about. If you're going to make a more or less ad hominem attack, at least make the minimal effort to TRY to tell us what's wrong with whatever property you don't seem to like. Almost sounds like a competitor hotel doing a "drive-by posting" in hopes to get you to not consider a property highly rated because Alie's property is insecure of their own product.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
100 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Near Mall of America for a Large Family

There is of course also the Radisson - which also is home to the huge Waterpark of America. I have never stayed there but we go to the waterpark occasionally. It is huge and has nice areas for big and little kids. It is across the highway from the MOA .