We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Topic
Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

I am looking to go on a romantic weekend in October that is just a hop skip and a jump from the cities (No more than 5ish hours). I would love to stay in a resort with an in-room jacuzzi tub. I Have stayed at the Grand Superior Lodge in Two Harbors, MN and that was lovely, but I was looking or some other recomendations to enjoy the beautiful fall and perhaps some lovely fall activities.

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

Also some tips on things do see or do around any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

I like BlueFin Bay on the North Shore.

Plenty of hikes you can do during the day.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

It's in the Two Harbors area, but the Larsmont Cottages sound luxurious and romantic. I would also recommend the Baptism River B&B outside of Silver Bay which offers a special suite with breakfast served in your room, and a jacuzzi in every room.

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

I looked into BlueFin and Larsmont Cottages and both have a three night minimum stay which will not work, but Baptism River Inn only has a two day which looks great. Really great tip, looks beautiful. I may wait another few days before booking to weigh a few more options but that looks wonderful.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

EastBay Suites in Grand Marais

Or, AmericInn in Tofte (by BlueFin)

spring for jacuzzi suite - so worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Marais
Grand Marais
Minnesota
minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

My 2 cents... Grandview Lodge in Nisswa. If you'd like to splurge, request one of their cabins on Roy Lake, luxurious comfortable & private. You can explore the cute main street, bike the trail, be sure to get ice cream at The Chocolate Ox, canoe/kayak, enjoy stargazing or a bonfire on the lodge's beach. The colors will likely be peaking the first half of Oct, so it depends on when you're traveling.

I'd recommend my favorite place in the world, but its north of Grand Marais so may be too long of a drive for what you're seeking. For the record, Sweetgrass Cove is the most romantic place to get away - on the shore of Lake Superior w/ your own private firepit, outdoor sauna & jacuzzi... sublime!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Marais
Grand Marais
Minnesota
South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

The Inn at Sacred Clay Farm, Lanesboro, MN. It gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Some rooms have massage tubs. Lanesboro is located in a beautiful, hilly, wooded area. There are many shops in Lanesboro, a professional theater company and biking on the Root River Trail.

11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

The river road inn in Stockholm, wi is great and there are great places to eat and shop in the area as well as recreation, an apple orchard with a cidery, etc.

St Paul
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

I recomend Naniboujou Lodge near Grand Portage....That is, if you like it a little old fashioned. I find it very romantic. I know they have rooms with fireplaces, I am not sure about jacuzzi's. Personally, I would think twice about using a jacuzzi in a hotel. They need to be flushed out more often than they are. They are a breeding ground for bacteria.

Google the lodge. It has a very unique ceiling and fireplace. The last time I was there, the food was excellent.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 02:09
North Dakota
Level Contributor
462 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic weekend a drive from the cities in the fall

Chase on the Lake, Walker MN