We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and Restaurants Near Hotel Ivy

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
86 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and Restaurants Near Hotel Ivy

Hi all,

A group of us (early 30s - 40s) will be staying at the Hotel Ivy mid Oct. Can anyone recommend some fun bars and restaurants near by? We'd like to walk to every place if possible. Thanks!!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and Restaurants Near Hotel Ivy

The two obvious spots are Brit's and the Local. The former is an English/Scottish bar the latter is Irish. Brit's big draw is the rooftop, but I'm not sure that will be in play come mid-October. Still nice inside, but I like The Local a little better. Livelier crowd. Both would be great for your age ranges.

You'll have to look at Google maps to check if you think it's walking distance for you, but one of my favorite bars in Minneapolis is what I would consider walking distance from the Ivy. It's the bar/lounge of the King and I restaurant (Thai food) and has fantastic bartenders who make unique drunks without mixes. Nice atmosphere, low light. Music later on weekend nights.

If your group likes Thai food it might be a good dinner spot, but make sure you request seating in the bar and not the main dining room, which feels to me like a cafeteria.

Get seated in the bar and stay for drinks. But you will want a reservation in the first place if you go.

Otherwise, again, look at the map and see what you consider walking distance. I think the W Hotel (Foshay Tower) is in play for you, which opens up two very interesting bars -- Prohibition and The Living Room.

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
86 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and Restaurants Near Hotel Ivy

Thanks for the info...I'll check them out :-)

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and Restaurants Near Hotel Ivy

If it's a nice night, check out the roof tops of Crave or Seven, both on Hennepin Avenue, close to each other, and not far from Ivy on foot.

4. Re: Bars and Restaurants Near Hotel Ivy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:17