We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

Brooklyn Center...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

I'm getting a suite for my 21st birthday as a way to start and end the night as well as a place for people to crash. I am looking specifically at hotels that have a suite with a living area SEPARATE from the bedroom, separated by a wall/doors. Still in early planning stages, but there will be 10-15 people hanging out, though I'm not sure how many at this point plan to stay. I'm nervous about getting busted with having so many people in the room, though a friend recently had a party at the W and they didn't mind there were so many people -- there was also another party on the same floor I guess. The plan is to potentially go out to dinner, have people meet up at the suite, go dancing, and end at the suite. Dressy attire will be required, so I want the hotel to look and feel kinda trendy to set the atmosphere.

Looking at The Hotel Minneapolis in their 1 bedroom, 2 room suite king bed or Le Meridien Chambers in their luxury suite. Both are nearby First Ave which was recommended.

Thoughts and ideas for the hotel?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

Why not consider the W. It will be fit the style you're looking for and is dead center in the middle of a good area with two snazzy bars in the Foshay Tower -- Prohibition and The Living Room. Both will have pretty people with fancy attire. I've been to a bachelor party and stayed in a suite. Plenty of room in the one we were in for 10-plus people. Probably a little smaller than other suites but all the amenities.

Brooklyn Center...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

I have considered it, just unsure since a friend just had a party there. Though mine won't be until June! It's also probably the trendiest looking.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

The trendiest looking hotel will be the Graves 601, but it's smaller with fewer room types available. But they do have the Diamond Suite, which I have not been in but have seen pix of. I believe it has separate room from the party/gathering area. And the location is the best you will find for hitting the warehouse district, including First Ave

But it is spendy.

Brooklyn Center...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

Yeah, that's quite spendy for a college kid with a part-time job! Couldn't justify dropping three grand for one night lol. I agree, very trendy and looks nice though. The W is on the list for a potential option now.

Anyone know if the hotels downtown are strict with how many people spend the night in a suite? Just don't wanna end up having a card charged for all the extra people. =/

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

Just don't tell them and don't be open about by all going in together. I think it's virtually impossible to know who stayed in a suite from the main group that used the suite as a gathering spot, which is not against the rules. The party I was in mostly ended up crashing in the suite, but a few of us got separate rooms.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

I think the reason most rooms have Maximum Occupancy limits is for safety and fire codes. In my experience, as long as you don't call attention to yourselves, most hotels will not actively enforce them.

7. Re: Downtown Minneapolis Birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 05:17