We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

My sister has just been discharged from the hospital with a diabetic wound on the bottom of her foot. The doctor suggested she do no unnecessary walking but she wants to go for a drive. Any suggestions of where we could go around Minneapolis/St Paul or surrounding communities to see interestign sights?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

Drive down Summit Avenue in St. Paul and look at all the old Victorian mansions.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
804 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

Can you rent a wheelchair?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

Renting a wheelchair is not possible as I am 73 years old and cannot push it or get it out of the trunk. My sister is 75 years old. So we need to just drive around or find someplace that has handicapped electric carts which are not very far from the entrance. I prefer just to drive around and see the sights.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

Have you checked in the Senior Travel forum? There might be some helpful ideas in that forum, even for a local trip.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i13626-Senior_T…

Another idea might be to contact a local limited mobility rental outfit, and rent a van with a lift (not sure of your budget). Specifically, I like the idea of Summit Ave., maybe the Lakes, too - or River Road.

5. Re: Can't walk - Sightseeing by driving around. Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:17