We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Restaurant

Livingston, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Family Friendly Restaurant

This is our second time to Minneapolis. We only have one night this time and will be meeting a friend for dinner. We both have families, so I'm looking for a family friendly restaurant that says "Minneapolis". Any suggestions?

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

Old Spaghetti Factory ?

Psycho Suzis ? (Check out river deck too)

Mentioned in this post
The Old Spaghetti Factory
258 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

When I think about Twin Cities food influences, 2-3 things come to mind. First is German food, second is Scandinavian/Nordic influences, and last is vegetarian offerings from locally grown fare. But, I'm a bit out of the loop on what restaurants still exist that fit these categories today since restaurants come and go. Gastof's might be a possibility for a German family meal. I also second Psycho Suzi for its uniqueness and offerings.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
1,098 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

For great burgers, hand cut fries and malts I highly recommend Annie's Parlour in Dinkytown at the University of Minnesota. Just a few minutes from downtown Minneapolis. Definitely family friendly. I like Psycho Suzis , but it's more of a party bar atmosphere, and not what I would consider a place for kids at night. Great food, inexpensive and family friendly, a real Twin Cities eatery that's been around for decades.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 20:20
Mentioned in this post
Annie's Parlour
Annie's Parlour
167 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

where will you be staying. You probably know this but finding a restaurant that encapsulates Mpls is pretty difficult. Maybe it makes things easier if we know where you'll be. I like the neighborhood places myself, like Longfellow Grill when kids are along. Love the menu there. Good feel for families. But it's not downtown.

Also, I like Groveland Tap in St. Paul. Mac-Groveland neighborhood so not far from Minneapolis.

Downtown I like Hell's Kitchen when I'm with the kids.

Mentioned in this post
Longfellow Grill
Longfellow Grill
198 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Hell's Kitchen
Hell's Kitchen
3,052 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
709 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

Old Spaghetti Factory is very kid friendly. If you can venture to the Mall of America, try the Rain Forest Cafe with some rides for the kiddies after dessert.

Mentioned in this post
258 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

The OP might want to chime in and explain her definition of kid-friendly. I think that can mean two things: 1. a restaurant that has the space and patience for kids, or 2. a place that is themed for kids.

I think places like Old Spaghetti Factory and Rainforest are definitely a fit for #2. But IMO they don't say "Minneapolis."

The other info that would come in handy would be the ages of the kids

Mentioned in this post
258 Reviews
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
709 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

I don't believe that Psycho Suzi's has a kid's menu.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
410 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

You might Google "Lutefisk Dinners". Can't get any more Minnesota than that!

Mentioned in this post
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,556 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

Psycho Suzi's offers great pizza. Maynard's on Lake Minnetonka is another good family choice. Convention Grill for great burger, fries and milk shakes, coke floats and Edina Grill.

10. Re: Family Friendly Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 05:15