We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

Might be a stupid question but I don't know the answer. I will be going to a concert in September in the stadium where the St. Paul Saints play. Debating whether it makes a difference if I stay in Minneapolis rather than St. Paul. I also will be cabbing it around the city. So any suggesions would be helpful.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

They border each other. Now, the real question for you is what else you want to do while you're here. The stadium is about halfway between the two cities' downtown areas. Maybe a pinch closer to downtown Minneapolis.

It sounds as if you are flying in. In which case I would urge you to stay downtown MInneapolis because you can more easily connect from the airport to downtown Minneapolis than you can with downtown SP. Both will be connectable by light rail to the airport but it will take about half the time to take the light rail form the airport to downtown Mpls.

And then you could take the light rail from downtown Minneapolis and connect up Snelling Ave by bus if you wanted to save a couple dollars. And then taxi back to your hotel after the show.

There is the Best Western Bandana Square near the stadium but I really don't suggest it given you have no car. You'd be completely isolated there.

Replacements show, right?

Edited: 02 May 2014, 21:10
new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

Thanks for the feedback. Plan is to attend the Replacements show on Saturday and Twins game that Monday.

Will stay for three nights and I am interested in checking out the museums and shops during the day and music and good food at night. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

As you're going to a Twins game it would really make sense to stay in Minneapolis as you wouldn't have to worry about transportation after the game. There are more places for music, dining in Minneapolis than in St. Paul, and museums are in both cities.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

Yeah, the game at Target Field cinches the decision on which area to stay. Get a hotel downtown Mpls and use the light rail to get downtown from the airport and back.

Good museum downtown is Mill City Museum to give you history on the industry that made Minneapolis the world power in food production for more than a generation. Nice views of the riverfront area and the famous stone arch bridge.

Other place worth a visit is the Walker IMO. Modern Art. Nationally recognized.

What kind of restaurants do you like?

new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

Places where a single guy won't be treated as a social misfit and dive bars.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
221 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

Brit's Pub (Nicollet Mall near 11th) in Minneapolis would be a great place for you. They have a huge 2nd-floor roofdeck with lawn bowling, etc. Also darts, pool, and so on. You may mix with the people there, but if you don't, it's just as entertaining to be a spectator. Good "guy food" here.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 01:23
7. Re: How far is Minneapolis from St. Paul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16