We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

We are returning from Las Vegas at the end of May (29th) and we arrive at Minneapolis St.Paul International Airport just before midnight. Our fight to London Heathrow does not leave until the following day so we're looking for a reasonably priced bed & breakfast / motel for the night near the airport. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Louise

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

May 29 is a Thursday, so mid-week from a pricing viewpoint. Please define "reasonably priced", since this may mean something different to each reader? What is your price range?

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

Hi there, Thanks for your reply. I've actually found a website - airportguide.com - which is JUST what I was looking for. We were hoping to find somewhere for about $60 just so that we could sleep for a few hours!

Hopefully, checking in at around 1am won't be a problem!

Louise

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

$60 is very low for a Thursday, so good luck with that budget. Also, be careful of websites like that one you listed. Use them to search, but my recommendation is to book direct on the hotel's website to get the lowest rate. Also, if needed, make sure the property offers a free airport shuttle and that the shuttle is available 24 hours a day or you will end up paying for a taxicab, which adds to your budget. Here's a recent post on the topic.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g43323-i372-k73120…

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

We got to Minneapolis a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. Don't try to find a bed and breakfast. They won't have a shuttle, you'll have to pay for a cab and they won't want to check you in at 1:00AM. Also, I doubt you will find much in the way of bed and breakfasts in that part of town. Most of them are in Stillwater, which is nowhere near the airport or in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. You probably don't want to pay for a cab to go downtown at that time of night.

You will need to up your budget, or you're going to end up in someplace that is really nasty for $60 a night. I think you'll have luck if you budget $89 a night. Look for hotels in Bloomington, MN (where the airport is) or Eagan. As BK mentioned, see if you can find one with a shuttle and check distance from the airport.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

I just looked up the Super 8 in Bloomington. Normally, I advise against staying in Super 8s, but this one is fairly decent, and I'm very particular. It's not the Ritz, but it's OK. I have stayed here before. It's not far to the airport, the area is safe and they have a shuttle. I don't know the hours of the shuttle however. They currently have a room for May 29th at $64 a night. See link:

super8.com/hotels/…

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

Super 8 isn't glamourous but it's not a hole in the ground either. It's a decent means to an end.

Also, to add to 3174's post -- look in EAST Bloomington. West Bloomington is not ideal. It would work but I think you should aim to be near the airport. Google map the location to check it is -- as many hotels in central or west Bloomington try to associatte themselves with the airport and Mall of America

7. Re: Bed & Breafast / Motel near S.Paul International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:16