We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day charter fishing trip??

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
151 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
One day charter fishing trip??

We will be in Minneapolis next week for a few days and want to know if there is any place to do a one day charter fishing trip?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day charter fishing trip??

I'm not familiar with charters on any lakes in the metro other than Lake MInnetonka, and to be honest, I think boats are going to be restricted to a no-wake zone for at least the next month on that lake because we've had emergency-level rain totals the past few days and the lake is swamping shorelines and docks. So that one is out.

How far would you be willing to drive? Mille Lacs is great for charters. But it's 90 minutes drive up there. And you would want to call one of the guides today to see if they are operating after all this rain.

What type of charter are you looking for? I have my own boat so I don't use those services unless I have older relatives in town and they need the big boat style of fishing -- more stabile, full-service etc.

If that appeals to you, call Nitti's Hunter's Point on Mille Lacs. (pronounced Mill-AX).

hunterspointresort.com/private-charters/

They have big-boat charters and also guide service.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day charter fishing trip??

Maybe guide service is what you want. So here's their info on that. You would need (for either option) to supply food/beverage and fishing license, which you can buy (one-day nonresident) at the gas station as you pull into Onamia, MN

Edited: 20 June 2014, 14:25
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day charter fishing trip??

hunterspointresort.com/mille-lacs-guide-serv…

new jersey
Level Contributor
151 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day charter fishing trip??

Ok thanks for the information. I will pass it on to my husband.

5. Re: One day charter fishing trip??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17