We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

Austin, MN
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

I need help in identifying a 3* hotel in downtown St. Paul from Hotwire for July 1st. It is $55 and the amentities listed are fitness, pool, restaurant, business center and internet.

Another one I found for $57 is a 3* and has pool, restaurant, and internet.

Any help with these two would be great.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,009 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

Have you tried: www.betterbidding.com/index.php…

or …yuku.com/topic/25449/t/MINNEAPOLIS-ST-PAUL-…

I never bid without checking these 2 boards first.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

I hope I'm reading your request correctly in that you found you can get a 3* hotel in downtown St. Paul for $55/57 but would like to confirm it is a quality property before you commit. I think you need to focus on the location, that it is 3* and the amenities you list that may be more unique - explicitly the restaurant and pool. Business center, internet and fitness are offered by too many properties to be helpful in narrowing down a search (at least I would argue).

I did a quick Travelocity search for downtown St. Paul, 3* and specified the property had to have a pool and restaurant. Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza Riverfront, Embassy Suites, and Best Western Kelly Inn came back. Of these three, from what I know of downtown St. Paul properties, you should be okay with any of these, though Best Western is more on the edge of downtown and probably not the best of locations. However, normal rates started at Best Western at $100 and other properties went up from there.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

I hope I'm reading your request correctly in that you found you can get a 3* hotel in downtown St. Paul for $55/57 but would like to confirm it is a quality property before you commit. I think you need to focus on the location, that it is 3* and the amenities you list that may be more unique - explicitly the restaurant and pool. Business center, internet and fitness are offered by too many properties to be helpful in narrowing down a search (at least I would argue).

I did a quick Travelocity search for downtown St. Paul, 3* and specified the property had to have a pool and restaurant. Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza Riverfront, Embassy Suites, and Best Western Kelly Inn came back. Of these three, from what I know of downtown St. Paul properties, you should be okay with any of these, though Best Western is more on the edge of downtown and probably not the best of locations. However, normal rates started at Best Western at $100 and other properties went up from there.

Austin, MN
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

Thank you for the replies. The hotel ended up to be the Hilton Garden Inn for $55.00. Very excited that I got such an awesome deal.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

Glad to hear it wasn't the Best Western Kelly Inn. The location is just not ideal for visitors most of the time -- unless youre in town to see the Capital and perhaps the History Center.

Have a nice trip.

6. Re: Need help Identifying 3* Hotel in Downtown St. Paul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Saint Paul