We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants by Xcel Center

Minnesota
Level Contributor
315 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants by Xcel Center

Any suggestions for a quick but good dinner close to the Xcel Center?

MN
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Try Cosetta's Italian Market. It's about a block away, down 7th. It's deli-style, but there a lot of options from cold pasta salads to pizza to hot pasta dishes.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Cossetta definitely fits the bill. It's close and quick depending on the occassion you are visiting for and time of day. It can get packed on Friday night dinner hour, for example, with long lines for takeout or sitdown meals.

So what is the occasion and how quick of a meal are you talking about?

There's also Mickey's Diner on the other side of the Xcel Center (on 7th) from Cossetta.

For fast pub grub there is Tom Reid's or McGovern's.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
315 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Thanks for all the great options. We have tickets to a concert on a weekday and are trying to fit in a bite to eat between that and work.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Be advised that Cossetta, thougha great dining option, does not serve alcohol. At least not when I worked downttown SP and I didn't see it on the menus under beverages when I checked just now.

I don't know if it matters to you but a lot of people (like myself) prefer a few beers before a concert.

If you are in that group, then I would go to McGovern's. Basic pub grub but it's good and lots of beer to select from. Should be some pre-concert folk in there (well, depending on the age of the crowd -- I'm not sure who you're gonig to see)

MN
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Cosetta's does serve alcohol. At least beer. I was there a few weeks ago while in town for a conference.

There seemed to be a good selection of beer in bottles in the cooler behind the counter.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Aha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

I 4th Cosettas

They had a "slice line" I'm the back.

We picked up a few slices each and some beers and found a table upstairs before a hockey game.

This is my first post via mobile app !!

Nifty and easy

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Rrrrrr!

In the back, I meant

Minnesota
Level Contributor
315 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Thanks for the great suggestions! I can't wait to try them.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants by Xcel Center

Couple choices on the downtown / Rice Park side of The X, most of the other suggestions (all excellent BTW!!) have been on the west 7th side of the arena.

Kincaids - Pazzaluna - St. Paul Grill

The above are more upscale but have good bar menus. Kincaids often offers an early seating/quick menu for those attending events at The X or Ordway.

Wyld Times - Great Waters Brewery

These are a little more casual - I really like Great Waters. Wyld Times is more of a sports bar.

One more thoguth, there are several St. Paul places not in downtown that also run shuttles to the X for Wild games if you didn't want to have the hassle of parking downtown.

***Be warned many of these also run shuttles to Target Field for Twins games so I would definitely contact them before to make sure they will be running to the X for the concert.***

Off the top of my head these places run shuttels:

Mancini's - Billy's On Grand - O'Gara's

Good luck and have fun!

Edited: 01 July 2010, 17:50