We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with a View

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant with a View

We have family coming up this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places with good patio seating? I'm familiar with most of the places on Grand. Are there any restaurants that overlook the river?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant with a View

No view of the river from there, but I'd take that patio at WA Frost patio over any view of the river.

Best patio in St. Paul, and probably best patio in the Twin Cities.

Not sure if you included that in the restaurant/patio options on Grand because it is near Grand -- actually on Selby. In a great area where you can look down Selby to see the cathedral

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant with a View

For river views you may be better off heading to Stillwater or Hudson.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant with a View

I can't speak from personal experience, but other TA reviewers have enjoyed the rooftop patio at the Liffey, on W. 7th St., just a couple blocks from the river. http://theliffey.com/

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant with a View

I love The Liffey! Although you can't see the river, it has a great view of the cathedral.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant with a View

Psycho Suzies in Northeast has a huge patio looking over the river. I wouldn't exactly call it "scenic", but it is nice.

If you want a real river feel, go to Stillwater. My wife and I just had drinks at Charlies Irish Pub right on the river this past weekend. Can't speak on the food, but they had great food and a good drink menu, including several Jamsion options.

You could also eat right on the "river front" down by Tugs and that area. I believe Tugs has music every weekend during or just after the dinner hour. There are "nicer" restaurants next door if you prefer something besides burgers. You could walk over to Nye's for an after dinner cocktail as well!

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
858 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant with a View

For Stillwater, the best riverside patio is the Dock Cafe.

http://www.dockcafe.com/

In St. Paul, I'd agree with mntoathens on W.A. Frosts patio. Perfect urban garden setting on a warm summers eve.

7. Re: Restaurant with a View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Paul