We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

I am coming to St Paul /minnie area for a Hockey game on Oct 10 2013,Where is a really good hotel at reasnable prices to stay at for 1 or 2 nights ? is there lots of hotels within walking distance of arena or is it a easy drive to get to before and after the game? I nnedhelp finding a good hotel. Thanks

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

Holiday Inn Express, across the street and very, very close to the fun bars/restaurants along West 7th.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

Thx Holiday Inn kinda exspensive for me as I need 2 rooms for 2 nights.I don't mind driving a bit i guess now to get a cheaper place.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

Check out Holiday Inn or Country Inn by 3M

Or Mega Mall or Minneapolis via Priceline.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

You say you're going to a hockey game but staying for two nights. What other things are you planning to do?

Obv the most convenient is staying downtown SP, near the arena, restaurants and places to get a beer or two. sully_mn mentioned the best of the lot, and for that area it's pretty reasonable. If you are gong to go outside the downtown area, I think it's best if you figure out what else you plan on doing with your time here so you know what direction out of downtown you want to look. So you get it at least in the ballpark of other things you want to do.

DowntownMinneapolis mentioned one hotel not terribly far from downtown (east of the downtown area about 8-10 minutes drive in) and there are a few I've actually stayed in another minute or two east on I-94. But what if the things you want to do other than the hockey game are west of the downtown SP area?

If that is the case I would look at the Best Western Bandana Square as a possibility

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

I just saw your other post, where you mention that $150/night is too much. Since you are staying on weekday nights, I don't think you will do significantly better for a major brand in town. But, as stated, Best Western might work for you depending on your other plans. Or Priceline/Hotwire would be another option. Take a look at the forum boards for Minnesota at www.betterbidding.com to learn more. I saw some "wins" at significant savings for 2-3 star properties. And by reading betterbidding, you can narrow down your choices - again, if price is the only consideration.

6. Re: hockey at Xcell Energy Center and where to stay in St paul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Saint Paul