We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

Which Saint Paul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MN
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

We are looking for a hotel that tries to be appealing to children. We know the Radisson BLU & WPOA hotels in Bloomington are GREAT, but we'd really like a true ST. PAUL hotel. Things that might be included are:

- kids activities

- camping play tent in room

- movies

- great pool/arcade

- cookies or snacks for kids

- pizza night for kids

If you have any hotels that come to mind, I'd love to hear about them! These children's amenities are so RARE! I'd love to book a great stay for my 3 yr old. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,769 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

I'm not sure I've seen your ideal hotel in St. Paul; especially if you are focused on downtown St. Paul. The Best Western Bandana Square has an indoor pool with a play area and is a short drive to Como Park, but it's not downtown.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

I haven't heard of anything in St. Paul that has these things. Not to say it doesn't exist, and if it does, I'd love to hear about it, too.

I realize you weren't asking about Minneapolis, but this place offers a downtown atmosphere and has some of the things on your list: waterpark, pizza (not sure about the party part) and video arcade. It also has an indoor ice rink. I will warn you, that unless things have changed since my last visit, the train whistle in the waterpark is loud and annoying:

www.thedepotminneapolis.com/water-park.php

Hotels are attached.

MN
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

Thank you! I'll keep this one on the list of hotels to think about for our trip. The hotel I'd love to stay at may not even exist! I just know that some have kids' activities and they aren't always specified on the websites, so I thought maybe someone here had experience with something great! I do like the Como area.

MN
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

We actually stayed here in December! It was great -- I was hoping that St. Paul proper had a similar place! Thank you though! You're on the right track! :)

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

I don't believe St. Paul has anything fitting your wishes. However, downtown St. Paul does have some kid-friendly places to visit that Minneapolis does not offer. For a 3-year-old the Children's Museum would be perfect. And then there is the Science Museum as well. Both are excellent.

Also, I'm not sure when you plan to stay, but in a few months the Green Line light rail leg opens that connects the two downtowns. If your 3 year old is anything like my child when he was that age, (s)he will love the train ride. Plus, there is the model railroad museum and Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 12:47
6. Re: ST. PAUL hotel with kids activities NEEDED

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Saint Paul