We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to train station

Which Winona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Roseville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels close to train station

Does anyone have suggestions of a nice hotel near the train station?

5 replies to this topic
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels close to train station

The Amtrack station in The Midway? The Day's Inn Midway is the closest - I've never been there but it always seems busy.

daysinn.com/hotels/…hotel-overview

EDIT: Yikes, the TA reviews a not good....

Edited: 01 February 2014, 01:06
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,548 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels close to train station

If you look at the hotel tab for Winona, you can pull up the mapview and see the hotels and locations. Several look to be within a mile, and the ratings/reviews are listed.

tripadvisor.com/…MAPVIEW

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels close to train station

I think the first response may be referring to a different town. I think the OP is asking about Winona, MN. The second post has a map link, but some of the hotels on it are not in Winona (The Trempeleau Hotel in Trempeleau, Wisconsin, for example). It's been a while since I've been to Winona, but I believe the closest lodging is still the Carriage House Bed and Breakfast. It's about four blocks from the station. I checked to see if the Carriage House is still open because the woman running it had passed away. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was reviewed on TA as recently as a week ago and the reviews are good. The station is located in a residential area near Winona State University, so it's not an area where you're going to find restaurants and hotels. Most of the hotels in town are located along Hwy 61, which is nowhere near the Amtrak station. If you don't want to stay in a B and B, I'd recommend either the Americinn along the Mississippi (ask for a second floor room for a good view) or the Riverport Inn just off Hwy 61. You cannot walk to the station from these hotels, however.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels close to train station

The Americinn is a decent hotel, and it's right by the main downtown district so there are some good restaurants close by if you'd like that where you stay. Hwy 61 has mainly fast food places and chain restaurants.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels close to train station

Doh....sorry...missed the Winona part.

Reply to: Hotels close to train station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Winona
Recent Conversations