We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Airport-Jackson

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Airport-Jackson

Does anyone have any suggestions for a safe, affordable hotel near the airport?

My husband and I live in another part of Mississippi. We have an early am flight at JAN in September, spend two nights out of the state, then fly back "home" to Jackson. Rather than have to get up super early, we thought we'd come down to spend the night in Jackson and hit the Bass Pro store before our flight out the next morning.

Ideally, I'd love to find a hotel that has a park-sleep-fly arrangement (stay the night before your flight/get free parking/airport shuttle), but I don't seem to be having any luck searching for that. Anyone know if any of the area hotels do this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
181 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Airport-Jackson

The hotel shuttle, I do not know about. But I do know several clean nice hotels near the airport. If you are looking to go to Bass Pro, check out the Jameson Inn in Pearl. Its very close to Bass Pro and only minutes from the airport. Sleep Inn in Flowood or Country Inn and Suites in Flowood are both safe and very nice.... I am estimating Country Inn and Suites as 5-7 min. from airport and Sleep Inn is only 2-3 min. There is a LaQuinta Inn near the airport also. Most things in the airport area (within 5 miles or so) should be pretty safe as long as you stay in Flowood or Pearl. I do not suggest anywhere in the city limits of Jackson as it is too far and safety is often an issue. Flowood has several to choose from:

Holiday Inn Express

Candlewood Suites (about to open, not open yet)

Sleep Inn (closest in Flowood to airport)

Country Wood Inn and Suites

Pearl has:

Jameson (very near Bass Pro)

LaQuinta (very near Airport)

With any of these you are ok with safety and very close to your destinations.

2. Re: Hotel near Airport-Jackson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 05:18