We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Son's Birthday....fun place to eat for an 11 year old?

Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Son's Birthday....fun place to eat for an 11 year old?

Hi All!

We are headed to Gulf Shores and will be spending the night on Aug. 11th in Jackson. It happens to be my son's 11th birthday and we would like to go somewhere fun for dinner for his birthday. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Son's Birthday....fun place to eat for an 11 year old?

Just wanted to add that we are staying in Pearl (Holiday Inn), but don't mind driving a bit to eat. Also, do any of you know where I can find Captain Rodney's Bucan Glaze somewhere close to the hotel or not far off of the interstate?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Son's Birthday....fun place to eat for an 11 year old?

I am confused, but do you want a restaurant in Pearl, or in Gulf Shores?

I think you mean Pearl, so I will throw in a guess for that.

If you check the schedule for the Mississippi Braves (AA affiliate of Atlanta) they may be home that night. If so, their stadium is right behind the BassProShop, right off I-20. They really do have a nice stadium...one of the nicest minor league ones I have seen.

If they are away, or you are not into baseball, the BassProShop is IMO one of the nicer ones, and does have the full service restaurant inside.

Those are just suggestions that would not require a lot of driving.

Miller

Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Son's Birthday....fun place to eat for an 11 year old?

I'm sorry that was confusing. We would like suggestions for Jackson/Pearl as we will be spending the night there on his actual birthday.

Thanks so much!

4. Re: Son's Birthday....fun place to eat for an 11 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 07:17