We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest Area/Hotel in Jackson off I-55

saint louis
2 posts
Save Topic
Safest Area/Hotel in Jackson off I-55

We will be traveling from St. Louis to Gulf Shores in 2 weeks and would like to stay at a hotel in either Granada, Jackson or Hattiesburg. Does anyone have any suggestions? We will have a small toddler with us. We are not familiar with the areas at all.....

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
68 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest Area/Hotel in Jackson off I-55

I can't provide an answer about Greneda but...in Jackson, I would stick to the Madison/Ridgeland area and also Pearl. Both have really nice new hotels since this area is expanding so much. In Hattiesburg, if you look in the Hardy Street area right off of I-59, there are decent hotels. I would steer away from the ones on HWY 49 in Hattiesburg. I have not stayed at any but from riding past they do not look very family friendly.

saint louis
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest Area/Hotel in Jackson off I-55

Thanks for your advice....we have found the Homewood Suites in the Ridgeland area right off of I-55 as our number one pick.....your advice as sealed the deal!

3. Re: Safest Area/Hotel in Jackson off I-55

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:18