We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Yazoo City/Louise, MS

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Going to Yazoo City/Louise, MS

Hi all :)

I am planning a trip primarily to Yazoo City but I have family that I plan to visit in Louise. I was planning on staying in a hotel in Jackson. Are there some other choices of hotels closer to Yazoo City?

Thanks

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Yazoo City/Louise, MS

I would stay in Jackson. The hotels and restaurants there are much nicer. I doubt there's a decent hotel in Yazoo City. Stubb's is a decent restaurant but I don't know of another one. There's a nice Hilton N of Jackson at Madison in the Renaissance Colony Park shopping center and several nice restaurants. Mama Hamil's is a good BBQ joint near there also. I guess it's about 40 miles from YC to Jackson. I pass through Louise often but I never stop. That's some desolate area around there.

Look at a map and check but a better choice for you might be staying in Greenwood, MS which is N of Yazoo City. Viking Range owns a 4* Alluvian Hotel in Greenwood with a great restaurant, spa and cooking school. I believe it's closer to Louise from Greenwood than Jackson. If you are flying into Jackson then you should stay there. Good luck.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Yazoo City/Louise, MS

It's about the same distance from YC to Greenwood, MS as it is from YC to Jackson, MS. If you are driving I would stay in Greenwood. The Alluvian Hotel is owned by Viking Range. They have a spa and cooking school and Giardinia's is an oustanding restaurant. Lusco's and Crystal Grill are both great restaurants close by. The Alluvian is a really great hotel and Greenwood is a fun town. If you had time you could drive about 35 miles W of Greenwood to Greenville and eat at Doe's Eat Place which is a very famous old steakhouse there.

If you decide to stay in Jackson the Hyatt Place is in the Renaissance at Colony Park shopping center. There are nice restaurants there also. It's just N of Jackson around Exit 105B just off I 55.

If you drive from Jackson to YC I used to use Highway 16 from I 55 to YC but it's hilly and there are always slow trucks that hold you up. You may want to take I 220 bypass to I 49 and N to YC.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Yazoo City/Louise, MS

Thanks you for both posts. I will check into the Jackson and Greenwood. I'm looking forward to the trip :)

4. Re: Going to Yazoo City/Louise, MS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 05:27