We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

Hi,

I am hoping to get some independent advice and a comparison of two apartment complexes - Campus Creek and Lafayette Place - from an adult's point of view, as well as students. The on-line student reviews of both are very inconsistent, and nobody seems too impressed with either of them. Does anyone have information about these, and what are the pros and cons of each? Thanks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

I will see what I can find out for you. I will get back tomorrow.

Southern California
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

Toured Campus Creek (privately owned) with my son who is transferring to Ole Miss from California. Also toured Campus Walk (owned by Ole Miss). My son chose Campus Creek because he liked the layout of the apts. in Campus Creek better, facilities seemed newer and in better condition. Walking distance to campus, although also on the bus stop route. Liked the gated parking. I did see student ratings that complained about maintenance issues at CC, but it seemed like all the housing complexes had such complaints. I asked about that before signing the lease...they have new maintenance staff. I was told by Ole Miss staff the good complexes to look at and Lafayette Plane was on the list. My son won't have a car, and I think that one was farther away.

Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

We know people at Campus Creek and they are not happy with the facilities or the management; I wonder if Lafayette will have similar complaints or if it is really better. And whether it is further away, or just in a different location. Thanks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

My son lived at Lafayette Place. Without a car it's not the best choice.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

I know where Campus Creek is. It's in a good area. I have friends that have a place near there. I would stay there. He can walk to Jackson and eat too. I have walked around the campus a few times getting some exercise and see a lot of students living in that area. He will hook up with someone that has a car pretty quick.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,092 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

We looked at a lot of apartments in Oxford. We wanted one close to the bus lines just in case our son didn't want to drive. We looked at Lafayette Place, some on Old Taylor Rd, the Links and Lexington Pointe.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

I was told the pros are few. Both are too expensive. CC is $430.00 a month. That's supposed to include all costs but that's incorrect. If you go over your budget on utilities you pay the difference. Maintenance is bad. Friends went several months before they got them hot water. LP is too high and I know friends that had their place broken into. I would look elsewhere.

Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

Thank you all for responding.

9. Re: student housing and apartments near Ole Miss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:43
Get answers to your questions about Oxford