We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking my in-laws to Branson

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
P-ville Tx
3 posts
Save Topic
Taking my in-laws to Branson

My husband and I (35 yrs) are taking his parents to Branson the first week of April. We'd like great deals on stuff that is fun for all. Where should I look for hotel/shows and which are good hotels/shows?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking my in-laws to Branson

Branson 2 for 1 is the best place to get a deal; however, some of the best shows don't make tickets available through them. Of the 10 shows we saw, only 1 was available there. I bought some tickets through Reserve Branson and Missouri Bargains (you can add the dot com to both and get the website). Quite often the best rate is actually directly through the theater itself.

The Branson Belle (riverboat and show) was great. It might seem pricey at first, but the food is quite good and so is the show.

Our favorite show was the Haygoods - young guys so they're a real hit with teenage girls, but the older folks in the audience were really enjoying their energetic show too.

Shoji Tabuki is a must - very flashy show. It's worth the price of admission just to check out the bathrooms. If you don't go to the show, pretend you are and check out the bathrooms anyway.

We loved Cirque (it's like Cirque de Soleil). The Duttons is a good show. If you like magic, Kirby Van Burch is good. For comedy, Yakov was hilarious. He made himself available to everyone who wanted an autograph. My regret is not going to Pierce Arrow - I've heard nothing but good things. Whatever you choose, you'll have a great time.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
772 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking my in-laws to Branson

For something other than a music show, try Smoke on The Mountain. It's a morning show ---- a live theater production with the story line being a church service in the 1920 - 1930 era. Very good gospel music (church hymns) and some of the best comedy you'll hear/see in Branson. We've seen it several times and never heard a bad review of it! Clay Cooper's Country Express (another morning show) is also a good blend of traditional and current country, with some dancing, comedy and trick roping thrown in.

Do you have a budget to work with for lodging? We usually stay in moderately priced motels, 'cause we don't spend much time in the room! We like Scenic Hills or Whispering Hills. Probably be in the low $50 range this time of year. Whispering Hills has the best breakfast included with your room rate ---- biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, cereals, fruit, normal continental breakfast stuff. In the evening from 9:30 to 11 they offer free cobbler, ice cream and cookies in their hospitality room. These hotels are located on the Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, down the road from Shoji's theater. Not as much road noise as would be if you stayed on 76 Strip! We've always found both motels to be very clean and rooms in very good condition. Hope this helps.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
772 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking my in-laws to Branson

Something else that might be of interest to the in-laws is the Roy Rogers/Dale Evans Museum. Lots of memorabilia from Roy and Dale and their family. Roy Jr. has a theater in the museum and puts on a very good show. He sings only cowboy music, the type his dad was famous for ---- none of the modern stuff! Also spends quite a bit of time talking about his parents ---- not to the point of making it boring, just very interesting. Also had a question/answer segment the time we were there. After the show, Roy Jr was in the gift shop talking with visitors and letting you take pictures with him. Very nice theater for those of us who grew up watching Roy Rogers!

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking my in-laws to Branson

The whispering hills as shis told you is a really clean hotel, with breakfast and evening ice cream and cobbler.., it has two sister hotels called savannah house and branson best ...all three are good ... and have the same breakfast and ice cream ...

here is a web site for smoe coupons that can be used there..

www.atsicoupons.com/States/MO/MO.htm#Branson

PLease stay away from the settle inn, they have some problems...

Also be sure and check out the new branson landing in downtown branson..great food and shopping, it sits on the banks of lake taneycomo..really nice...

5. Re: Taking my in-laws to Branson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 07:17