We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Expert--vacation timing qestion

Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
To Expert--vacation timing qestion

I am planning a trip for 3 or MAYBE 4 nights in July sometime in the second week. My drive from home is only 6 hours, so we could enjoy the full afternoon the day we arrive.

My question is: should I check in on Wednesday and check out on Saturday? If I do that, I could possibly miss some great weekend stuff, or perhaps I could get all the same fun during the week and avoid the weekend crowd. I would hate to make my reservations, get there, and then find out that there is a cool show or something on Saturday Night.

If it helps your response, I am 34 with a wife, a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. All comments appreciated!!

Here's what my wife wants to do, so far: Silver DOllar CIty, Dolly Parton's Stampede.

Mike

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Expert--vacation timing qestion

It will not matter what day you are there, Summer time in Branson is busy every day,

You will not miss anything special by leaving on a saturday...

The weekends are just more busy, worse traffic..

Silver dollar city will be better on a weekday..

You might also want to try Celebration city as well.

It is a sister park to silver dollar, It opens in the afternoons at 3, and has a cool lazer, firework show at 9.pm

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Expert--vacation timing qestion

I think that your kiddos would enjoy the fish hatchery. My son , who is 8, thought it was really neat. It's free and there is a small museum there, but if you want to feed the fish, bring quarters. Celebration City is a lot of fun, but if you can, buy your tickets before you get there. We waited in line for over an hour last year to buy tickets to get in. Also, if you want to ride the go carts at Celebration City, you might want to do that early on, because there can be a LONG wait. If you can, stay for the laser show--it is Awsome!!! At Silver Dollar City, you can arrive before it opens and have breakfast there. (and get good parking--there are trams to take you to the gate, though). Hope you have a fun trip!!!!

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Expert--vacation timing qestion

And there is a city hopper pass that you can purchase that you can go between the parks, It saves some dollars, and you can get 50% off of the Branson Belle , It is a wonderful cruise, dinner and show all rolled up into one..

We went to the dock at the branson Belle and bought our hopper passes and added the branson belle at the same time...

If you go and purchase them when the boat is out already, you can get them easy and won't have to stand in a line and wait..

Then you can get into silver dollar and celebration city easy,,,

no long lines to buy tickets..........

4. Re: To Expert--vacation timing qestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Branson
Recent Conversations