We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

We're going to both of these shows on our trip. Are they great shows in your opinion? Will 14 year old girl enjoy them?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

Shepherd of the Hills is an awesome show. I recommend reading the novel before you go see the show. You can check it out at your local library. Then do the homestead tour. My children were 7 & 10 last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. I know alot of people like the Presley's but we hated it. Its more for an older type crowd to us.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

I respectfully disagree with laracegirl about the Presley's. I believe the Presley's present more of a traditional show than many of the other performers and I personally prefer that. (at least in Branson anyway). The Presley's, along with the Baldnobbers, are the two original shows along the 76 strip and without them Branson would not be what it is today. They have been around a long time and there is a reason. Will a 14 year old girl enjoy it? Who knows? Opinions, as seen here, will vary.

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

Thanks, both of you for the info. I'll report back when I return about the show. I'm anticipating the best, of course.

Kansas
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

I think that Presleys is a not to be missed show. Yes there is lots of singing (including gospel) but there is enough comedy thrown in to keep things moving. Our son is 13 and he LOVES the show. We go to Branson several times a year and always go to the show. We have been going for years and never tire of it even though some of the show is the same as the previous ones we have seen. I am confident you will enjoy it. I have also seen Shepard of the HIlls years ago and personally it was kinda long and didn't hold my attention. It is in a beautiful setting though and being outdoors is nice. Perhpas if I had read the book first the whole show would have made more sense to me. You will likely enjoy it. Have a great trip. Branson is a blast. Just keep your cool about the traffic and getting around as it is VERY crowded there.

5. Re: Info on Shepherd of the Hills and Presley's Jubilee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 17:19