We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lees Summit MO
1 post
Save Topic
What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

I have been looking at stuff to do in Branson. We are planning to Ride the Ducks and see 1 show. What else do you recommend as something fun to do. My family is 2 adults, 13 and 6 yr. olds. We plan not to go to Silver Dollar City since we only are going to be there 3-4 days. We have been to Branson before, but never have gone to shows. We have gone to the Go carts there too.

Iola, Kansas
Level Contributor
59 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

Definately Ride the Ducks and do the original tour that boards on 76 Hwy. The one in Branson Landing is cool, but I think the original is more fun. My family loves to play minature golf. We go to Pirates Cove most of the time but have played Lost Treasure and Dinosaur Canyon and have fun at them all. The Fish Hatchery out by Table Rock Dam is fun & free. They have a bunch of wildlife information and you can go outside and feed the trout. We really like the magic shows. Kirby VanBurch is a favorite as is Darren Romeo. The Magic of Taylor Reed is reasonable and a good show. My family also enjoyed the Bart Rockett show. Have fun!

Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

You might consider Celebration City. It opens in the afternoon and closes about 10. We enjoyed it last year with my young nephews.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
776 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

The Shepherd of the Hills play is great. An outdoor, nighttime event.

A really good (and inexpensive) museum at College of the Ozarks.

If you're only going to 1 show, Dixie Stampede is one that your kids would probably really enjoy. It's a bit pricey, but when you consider that your evening meal is included, makes it more reasonable! IF a magic show is what you'd pick, I'd recommend the Kirby Van Burch show. We've also seen Darren Romeo this year, but he has a lot of musical numbers in his show, and not as much magic. Ride the Ducks is a good choice; one that kids and mom and dad will enjoy!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

We enjoyed the Dogwood Canyon Tours. Beautiful scenery and you see buffalos and elks and other wildlife.

mpls
Level Contributor
143 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

We just came back and my favorite was the tram tour at Dogwood Canyon also. There were other things like biking and trout fishing that ooked fun but we did not do them because of the heat. The tram at 11:00 was still fairly cool. We also went tubing on Table Rock Lake that my 12 year old loved and the water was so warm.

Joplin,MO
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

Another good show you might check out is the Acrobats of China. Our family went last month and loved it. If you decide to purchase tickets, just call the theatre directly. You can pick your seats and it is actually cheaper than on-line purchases.

7. Re: What's fun to do besides SDC, shows in Branson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 07:18