We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Branson

Ramsey Mn
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to do in Branson

My wife and I will be in Branson for 4 days in early Aug. We have never been there and we are trying to figure out what to do and what to miss. We don't want to spend too much but we are thinking of going to Silver Dollar City and the Branson Belle plus some shows Any sugestions?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Branson

In my opinion, the most important thing to consider is where to stay. Personally, I think one should strongly think about finding a cabin or condo right on Table Rock Lake. I can't think of anything more relaxing than spending the day by the lake. Of course these go quickly so early reservations are a must. As far as entertainment, here are my thoughts.

Silver Dollar City - Spend the day here, catch the many shows (dont miss the Saloon show), ride some of the many family oriented rides (be sure to ride the train) and dont forget about Marvel Cave, Its included in the admisson price. Also, at night they have a country music show in Echo Hollow that is also included in your admission price. Many people spend the morning and early afternoon at the city, go back to the hotel for a rest, and then return for the evening show at Echo Hollow.

Evening Shows - Theres a show for everyone. I would stick by the ones that have been there the longest, they have been there for years for a reason. Baldnobbers, Presleys, Shoji Tabuchi. Three very good shows.

Ride the Ducks - These tours sure look silly, but they can actually be quite fun if you let yourself enjoy it.

Showboat Branson Belle - While I have never been on it, I have heard good comments.

Outlet Shopping - There are two very good outlet centers

Bass Pro Shops - If your an avid sportsment, then a vist to Bass Pro Shops is a must. Its located one hour north in Springfield, MO.

And finally, just relax. Hang out on the lake or cozy up poolside in your hotel. Sometimes thats the best.

Contact the Branson Chamber of Commerce, they will get you started on the right track. Enjoy your vacation.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Branson

Everyone in my family has season passes to the 3 Silver Dollar City parks. While I have not been on the Branson Belle (very small children) my parents have and loved it. They said the food and entertainment were very good. We all love Silver Dollar City. The kids love Celebration City and the water park. Shopping is always great! It is good advice to go with the long running favorites as far as shows go.