We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alternate route to silver dollar city?

Liberty, Missouri
1 post
Save Topic
alternate route to silver dollar city?

We're going to Silver Dollar City Nov. 20. We're staying in Branson. The last time we went, we spent an hour in traffic just trying to get to the park. Any ideas for alternate ways to get there from Branson? I can't figure out how to bypass 76.Kate

Joplin, Mo
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

Are you going directly to the park when you get to Branson or from your motel?? Where will you be staying?

I'm originally from the KC area too!!

Oklahoma
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

I am trying to find the alternate route please let me know i am stying on green mountain road will be in at xmas week? any help would be appreciated

Thanks

wewillrocku0584@aol.com

Branson Mo
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

Greetings from Branson,

There are parallel routes to hwy 76 on the north and south sides. There is a bypass north of town called the Ozark Mountain High Road (HWY 465) this bypasses Branson completely and comes out within 1 mile of the Silver Dollar City Entrance.

If you stop by our Welcome Center on the Way in to town we can direct you to your lodging facility and help you get oriented with the area by marking directions to attractions etc on a map we can provide. We also have discount show tickets, free maps of Missouri and Arkansas. If you book your lodging or shows through us we also have a fuel discount here at our welcome center you can get 20 cents off a gallon up to 20 gallons just for letting us help you with your reservations.

check out www.bransontourismcenter.com

or call 800 978 1999

Thank You

Nixa, Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

If you're staying on Green MT. Drive, you might try going down 165 to Animal Safari Road. It's a small 2 lane road that connectes to 265, then to 76. It's only about a half mile south of Green Mountain Drive. This will put you west of Sheperd of the Hills and help avoid some of the traffic. You will have to be on 76 to enter Indian Point Rd where SDC entrance is.

There is no way to completly avoid 76 to get to SDC.

missz

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

Lets face it, if your going to SDC, expect delays and long waits. There is only one way in and one way out of SDC.

I've always considered traffic jams as part of the "branson experience". Some 10 years ago it too me and my party just under 3 hours to get from the west edge of the strip to the entrance of SDC during Christmas. Thank goodness I was with good company, because we had more fun conversing in the car that we had at the park!

NY
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

Traffic sounds worst them NYC and we live upstate and hate NYC traffic so if we go to the city for a day trip we take the train.

What time would be a good idea to arrive at SDC to miss "some" traffic? Any day of the week better then another?

Thanks

Judy

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

Most likely you will beat the crowds if you arrive prior to opening or early in the afternoon (after 1:00pm). Most people seem to arrive between 10:00am and noon. Naturally, its been my experience that wekends tend to be the most crowded.

The main reason why traffic can be so bad in Branson is because the main "strip" (hwy 76) is only 3 lanes, the center lane is a turn lane only. Once your off 76, the roads are usually open wide. Dont expect a "NYC attitude" in Branson traffic though. You will find motorists there are friendly and often let people in and out with a friendly wave. After all, everyone is on vacation there!

Nixa, Missouri
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: alternate route to silver dollar city?

I find the traffic moves along pretty well, and I drive it everyday. Greg is right. People are nice and let each other in the line of traffic.

This map on Sunny Days Guide's site shows all the streets and alternate routes.

sunnydayguide.com/branson/…BrArea.pdf

Great little map to have with you.

The most important thing is relax and have fun! That's what branson is all about.