We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to go to breakfast

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
495 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Places to go to breakfast

So I just realized Silver Dollar City does not open until 11:30 am so there is definitely time to go out to breakfast beforehand.

Does anybody know of any good places? We would prefer something kind of close to SDC, but I know it is pretty lonely up there, and it would be worth it to go to a cool place on the strip.

Also, what time should we head out to SDC in order to beat the traffic (we're going to be up early!)

keyboardguy
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to go to breakfast

As far as breakfast, we always do the Shoney's breakfast buffet on the strip but it is a little pricy, I think about $7.50 a person, but we think it is worth it. I think dockers has a breakfast buffet for around $4 but I have never eaten there. Also, I think The Plantation has a cheaper buffet, but again I have never had it either.

I don't think you will have to get to SDC too early, but if you want to do the rides, I would try to get there just about the time the park opens. The lines are usually shorter then, plus it should be pretty warm by that time.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to go to breakfast

Thanks for the info--apparently they serve breakfast in the park--do they do that during Christmas too?

is it any good?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to go to breakfast

Even when SDC isn’t as busy, enough head there at opening. I would suggest avoid sitting in line in your vehicle and be at the parking lot 1 – 1 ¼ hrs before opening. By the time you park, ride to the gate, get inside, you can kill time walking around the shops in the square which always opens an hour before opening.

If you want to eat there, right inside the gate, grab rolls at the bakery or sausage and gravy right outside the bakery and sit down and watch one of the shows while you eat. They usually have an entertainer along the walk into the park right before you enter the hospitality house, and also another show in the town square. Also, you can hit the restaurant at the square if you want to eat inside.

Our favorite at the bakery is the cinnamon roll with raisins. We have never ate breakfast at Molly’s Mill in the square, but I know a lot really enjoy it. The bakery is like the restaurants, if you show your season pass you’ll get 10% off.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to go to breakfast

If you decide on breakfast on the strip, we enjoy the Grand Country Buffett (grandcountry.com). I've not been there at this time of year, but in the summer we've always been able to get right in. It has a nice large buffett & a lot of seating. There's also a nice gift shop before entering it.

There's also a Cracker Barrell on the strip.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to go to breakfast

I know of a place that is on the way to silver dollar city ,

It is in a old time looking place that has old time gas pumps out front and antiques,

It is called Billy gails,

It is home to the plate size pancake,

The prices are great, the service is good and it just is a special place to eat.

It is located on 5291 State Highway 265, just down from the bradford inn, on the left.............

Alot of the locals eat there,,

6. Re: Places to go to breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 20:17