We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
6 posts
Save Topic
Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

My husband and I, along with our 3 children (9,7,2) are planning our first trip to Branson. We like both the Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn. Has anyone stayed at either and can give some insight about them?

Thanks

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

The hampton Inn has fairly large rooms, Indoor pool and a fairly good breakfast, It is within walking distance to a cracker barrel and a few theaters..

There are three comfort inns in branson., All three get good ratings, and I would go with the Gretna Road

location,

None of them are on the 76 strip, but all are just off of the strip , with easy access to any of the attractions..

There are color coded relief routes around the strip that help to avoid traffic

You can pick up a map in your hotels lobby..

Stay away from the booths around town that offer free show tickets, they are a high sales pitch time share.. waste of time...

Just tell them you are locals and they will leave you alone..

You might want to look into a condo for the week..

MOre room to move around and with kids a kitchen is nice..

Most have nice pools and you have more room to roam, than a hotel..

www.huntersfriendresort.com

Is a great resort near silver dollar city and has alot to offer,

And they have condo's , cabins, motels, ect...

Free bikes to ride around, karaoke on saturdays, grills, And they are near the lake...

The owners are nice people,

Also look at www.vrbo for owner rentals in condo's or lake houses,,

It is a more relaxing way to stay...

Take a peek at this web site at the forums, It will help you with any thing you might want to know about branson...

www.1branson.com

good food, attractions, anything you might want to know..

St. Louis
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

Thanks for the response. I am looking into some of the other sites you suggested.

Is Gretna an easier road to travel on? I don't want to be sitting in a car forever trying to get out of my hotel.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

You should not have any trouble getting out on gretna at all.............

show times are the hardest times to get around the strip...

Camano Island...
Level Contributor
121 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

Stay at the Hamptonn Inn, most kid friendly set up for the money. make sure you bring some comfortable shoes, you'll be better off parking in two spots and walking to each. Avoid the strip at all costs, keep your eyes peeled for the maps and "traffic relief" signs. have fun!

C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
979 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

Stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites on Graetna

We have been there a couple of times. Clean, Comfy, Great Breakfast. Easy to get in and out of. Quieter area. I am pretty sure it is the newest Comfort Inn in Branson. We liked it and would stay there again.

Enjoy your trip!! We are going in June!

St. Louis
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

Thank you for your reply. We made our reservations-we're also going to in June.

Anything you would recommend as "must see" for a first time visitor?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

#1 - Silver Dollar City

#2 - White Water

You can buy the 3 park 4 day hopper pass for SDC, WW, and Celebration City. Or you can choose the 2 park 3 day hopper pass. Ride the Ducks on Hwy 76 is a 1st timer must. Dixie Stampede is also an awesome production, plus you get a meal. In my opinion a Branson original must see is The Baldknobbers Show.

8. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites or Hampton Inn-West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 12:16